24.2.09

thickening layer of dust


I have just discovered,
quite by accident,
that I now need glasses
to see things closer
than 8 inches to my face.

Having had no need
to ever squint or pry
to ever look through any
sort of metaphor or sky
to sort out the fuzzy.

Not to be dramatic
or overly sensa-chromatic
or too megalo-frantic
but it made me whisper
'good-bye' to perfect vision
which will not return in this life

the doc made some silly jokes
about respectability
or rose coloured smoke
and I almost forgot to
politely laugh with him
and then it was over.

I ate indian food that night
and held all objects
at least a foot from my retinas.

(inspired by dustmagic).

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I love and feel it, my parallell friend!

Anika said...

welcome to the team! loud & proud dave, loud and proud

*Hey, enjoyed reading about the WHills tour...found the link off ericas blog. I look forward to reading more. Hope you're doing great!