24.10.08

wrapped up and stung



Reading back through the entries here I realize there are about a million other details I didn't put in, little things I wanted to include but either I forgot or was too tired/crazy/buzzed to remember at the time. The urge initially was to go through and edit all the entries where I wanted to update the information but who has time for that? Now that I am back in the life full swing I just can't see that ever happening so instead I want to do a brief addendum. There are a few distinct thought I have that gave me no small measure of excitement and hope while I was playing, things that were incredible and sometimes very minor that spoke of cultural differences and attitudes. One thought that struck me was that there was very little of the institutionalized indifference at the shows we played that seems to be so common among many venues I have played in the states. This idea that if you express your excitement and feelings of enjoyment while watching a band or viewing art that you must not be 'cool'. I was overwhelmed at the sincere and direct way that the audiences would tell us (for positive or negative) what they liked about the shows, and how much they appreciated the bands for playing. This was expressed in so many ways; the group meals, the accomidations, the extra effort at providing vegetarian foods, the autographs, everything. It was inspiring to think that there are places in the world, even smaller cities, where the emphasis was on the idea of being a part of a moment where anything could happen. I don't want to sound to goofy about this but I have played all over he USA in lots of large cities and small towns and I very rarely experienced this idea. There was so little of the stand-offish interaction from the audience and by measure, there was no pretentious 'rockstar' attitudes from the bands either. Just some people with a common interest who wanted to enjoy the hell out of some good jams. I know that there were many other people involved in the production of getting the shows on, and all the arrangements to make it flow, that I did not name. I am sorry I couldn't take better notes for that. That is the way a fluid experience plays out though and I am sure that we all know who we are in that capacity. I have included a couple of pictures of the Milano show in order to describe what we looked like, and what the audience saw. If you have any info you think I should include, or if you want some of the more gory details, please write to me:

davedwaid.at.gmail.com other links of interest might include:

http://www.myspace.com/whitehills

http://www.myspace.com/rocketrecordings

http://www.myspace.com/drugspacerecords

http://www.myspace.com/egosensation

Thanks for reading if anyone made it this far than congratulations!!
Go out and see the world for the love of this planet and her good people.
Ciao!

No comments: