16.10.08

Camden then off to Geneva


The next day we went to Camden to check out the shops, I also enjoyed some time at the laundrette to wash my filthy socks and shirts. I got to talk with my love and my son so was totally excited for the entire afternoon. We got aboard a famous double decker bus and sat on the top front window. The shops in Camden were like those almost anywhere, st. marks in NYC, harijuku in Tokyo, haight st in SF or melrose in LA. The exception was the layout of the famous "horse tunnel market". We had some amazing curry and walked for quite a long time against the river. I bought some Jagermeister for Anthea in order to smooth things over from my impromptu staircase gymnastics from the night before. I could hardly sleep knowing we were going to Switzerland in the morning - of course waking up at 4:30 am really was not preferable. We took a cab from the Hackney bourough to King's Cross Station where we got on a train to gatwick airport. This is one of the largest and coolest train stations I have ever seen. Dave and Ego both called on the gods of space and time to provide us with guidance and security for the checked bags; our instruments. We arrived in Switerland without incident and rented an Opel wagon to continue our travel to Sierre - through the Alpine region. As we drove alongside the incredible ranges of mountains there was a huge lake to our right and above it was a man suspended by a parachute. As we watched his parachute started to crumple and a second chute opened, he seemed to plummet very quickly to the water but we lost sight of his progress.

No comments: