8.10.08

flash tour of London



Woke up to the sound of hostel doors slamming and the sweet smell of english breakfast.never did greasy food smell so good, but it was just a tease because the breakfast for the late risers was cold cereal, toast and instant coffee. The generator bunkbeds are comfy enough though so its not a total loss. We got back on the magical rope meds and the underground again so it became another swirling miasma of people, smells, and incoherent quad-colored maps. We pitched ourselves off the tube and up one of the longest escalators I have ever ridden in my life that was also as steep as Divisidero going down to alcatraz and I may have gotten a touch of vertigo. We paced off the Thames and saw that huge ferris wheel, the millenium bridge, big ben, buckingham palace and westminster abbey in no particular order. I found myself pinwheeling in the middle of the street between 2 double decker busses after not looking the correct direction for oncoming traffic. I was summarily scolded by Ego and Dave because they had no backup drummer and would have had to lose their plane fare. I will be more careful as I do not want to cause an international incident and really am looking forward to italy. We had whats called a ploughmans lunch at the lamb and the flag where in the 1800 they used to do illegal barefisted boxing and wagering; I knew this because of the 200 year old flyers under glass on the wall.I was tripping out on the money because it looks pretty - but then I was reminded by my cohorts that the americans are finally on that tip too. (seen the new 5 dolar bills?) Stopped into a crazy lookin pharmacy and got my flask all filled up with vintage port. I anticipate tonights show to be interesting and wholly psychedelic.

1 comment:

century22 said...

OMG, you are soooo lucky, I am jealous. DUDE, have fun bro bro... looks amazing.