10.10.08

National Express Coach 590 hour 6.5


hour 6: somewhere in the midlands of England.

feels like the air is getting thiker by the minute. I had nearly finished a post a few hours back but something happpened and I was rendered unconcious.By what I do not know, but it seems to me that there must be some foreign element being mixed in with the oxegyn. The driver keeps getting on the internal PA and muttering cryptic passages from perhaps shelly or yeats, his accent thickening by the second like a pot of steel cut oatmeal.His latest missive seemed to gto something like this:

" living is pointless and you smokers have a leg up on the rest. We wont be pulling over anyway though as we've lost 11 minutes that we'll never get back.If you make it to glasgow than god is with you, past that you'll need even less hope.'

This is seriously starting to trouble me and I am feeling a bit frantic and oddly dizzy as if I were some hapless stranger picked up by Gonzo and his lawyer in 'Fear and Loathing'. I keep running questions by myself, questions like - couldit be the altitude? Did someone in the tube dose me? AM I experiencing some sort of metabolic shock resulting in aural hallucinations? How could a representartive of the only authority available be so callous and cavalier whilst driving a 3 ton bus with over 20 people cramed inside its steel guts? I swear if I make it to glasgow alive I am changing my ways, love everyminute, carpe diem and all that. Jesus it seems like the carpeted seatback in front of me is somehow undulating, but almost so subly that it makes sense. Dave and Ego seem to be incapacitated which isnt surprising as I have quite a high tolerance to everything but paranoid fantasy.

3 comments:

century22 said...

Hahaha! Nice... that's a cool bus ride.

Unknown said...

the world is thick. dig in brotha.

love,
sarah

Anonymous said...

We are all living vicariously through ourselves